Monday, October 6, 2008

goddammit sony....












This pic is entitled "The Wickedly Wonderful World of Oz", by Anthony Clarkson. For this, and more awesome artwork inspired by cult films chiggidy check this page out.


I've been trying my damnedest to fix my laptop but each road lands me 100 mph into a brick wall. Last Thursday I took my Vaio into "surgery" albeit, unsuccessfully. After removing the various screws in the back of it to access the hard drive I notice Sony seem to put a hidden screw right at the top of the casing, making it impossible to take the thing apart (cheers!). Trying to get at the hard drive is like trying to fight a war with an ice cream cone, not gonna happen. I threw my hat at it and went about reassembling the laptop only to discover I had 3 screws left over (wtf?). Anyway, the laptop "boots up" (or whatever it used to do before the surgery) so maybe these screws are meaningless....I hope. I'll be hitting up Last Chance Saloon tonight. I've obtained a "boot from cd" Linux o/s that will hopefully gain me access to the contents of the hard drive, giving me the chance to save my stuff off there before I am carted off to the laughing academy for once and for all.
We got the broadband firing on all cylinders at the weekend. The ridiculously slow speeds were a result of not having the modem connected into the main phone line in the gaff, we've remedied this and now the broadband is dancing like it should. I made my triumphant return to the online poker world too, winning €15 for coming 1st on a 2 table SNG. All good. Infuriating stuff in last night's house game. My demise played out like this:

Blinds are 80c / €1.60
I'm dealt A 3
Flop: 335

As always, when I am first to act and have a monster hand I calmly "check" in the hope that one of the bluffers will try to steal the hand, then crush the life from them.

Enter: Colly.
He drops €3.20, I go all in.

Spades everywhere give the "New Folk Hero" his damned flush.
Game over for me.

Another game tonight so I am hoping I don't get "Folked-up" or "Folked-over" in this one.

No comments: