Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rain, rain go away...











A (crappy) picture of how things looked from my bedroom window at around 7pm last Saturday evening.



I think it's official, the Irish summer is a thing of the past. Come to think of it, the differentials between the various seasons are becoming increasingly slight. It just rains. All the time. The odd spell of sunshine occurs for exactly the amount of time it takes you to think "I'll actually get a wash done now and get to hang the clothes out to dry...." (wash clothes) (hang out on line) (rain). It's a vicious circle, because of the rain I find myself washing the same set of clothes twice, maybe three times....using 2x / 3x electricity/energy/blah etc. Carbon footprint increases. Climate change. More rain. Wash clothes again. Start from top. Dammit.

Drunkeness at the weekend cost me big in my online poker mishaps. Without going into too much detail, metaphoricaly speaking, I've gone from affording 1 pickup & a set of strings from the EGLP to prolly being able to buy one string off it now...(There's a Photoshop idea - Picture of the EGLP and remove the various parts I can now "afford" using my online poker a/c. Kind of a "countdown to". Each week a new EGLP pic posted to show progress or lack there of... Meh...sounds better in my mind, especially as I think of how tedious it could get - farting around with Photoshop for hours on end just to express what? - How I screwed up in poker? Nah...)

The weekly Sunday game started off good, very good. Nice hands, a few solid wins, but eventually it all backfired. Woo hit me up with a suckerpunch and Cob demolished what remained. I won the following Hellkat which was nice (made money back from big game), but I'm still chasing a few consecutive big wins.

Song of the game/night: "Ed Solo & Skool of Thought feat. Darrison & JFB - We Play The Music "

....that no one likes.

No comments: